The easy solution for protein stabilization and to increase of wine softness
Mannopred is a mannoprotein produced from selected yeast walls (strain saccharomyces cerevisiae).
- Stabilizes aromatic compounds of wine;
- Stabilizes wines against protein precipitations;
- Enhances color stability over time due to the interaction with polyphenols;
- Reduces acidity and astringency perception;
- Increases volume on the palate, sugar sensation and the aromatic persistence.
Turbidity and filterability of treated wine must be monitored while using Mannopred.
Dissolve Mannopred in 10 times its weight of water at 68°f to 86°f (20 – 30°c) temperature, add to the wine and mix gently.
- For Filtered Wines: Mannopred should be added after pre-filtration and just before final filtration, ideally 24 to 48 hours before the last filtration. Mannopred will not increase the filterability index of the wine if carefully prepared.
- For Unfiltered Wines: Mannopred should be added 24 to 48 hours before bottling. Once added, so₂ levels can be adjusted and wine can be bottled. This should be one of the last operations before bottling.
5 – 40 g/hl (50 – 400ppm) based on lab trials.
Store in a cool and dry place, away from contaminants and chemicals with intense odors. Use within 24 months from the date of production.