For red wines destined for aging
Active dry yeast isolated in burgundy. Strain saccharomyces cerevisiae (former bayanus).
Elite Premium is a yeast strain selected for the production of structured and complex wines, suitable for aging. Ideal for Syrah, Grenache, Carignan and Mourvedre.
- Short lag phase;
- Slow fermentation kinetics;
- Complete sugar conversion;
- Alcohol tolerance up to 16%;
- Sugar/alcohol yield : 16.5 g/l
- Fermentation temperature: 57°f to 91°f (14 – 33°c);
- High resistance to so₂;
- High production of glycerol (up to 10 g/l);
- Low production of va;
- High nitrogen requirements, addition of approximately 20 g/hl of Predferm Optimo is recommended.
Elite Premium is particularly suitable for red wines obtained from very mature grapes. It respects the varietal character. Wines produced with Elite Premium are very well structured, complex and have smooth and soft mouthfeel. It produces intense aromas of forest fruits, spices and aromatic herbs.
20 – 30 g/hl
160 – 200 g/ton
Keep in a dry and cool place.