Selected for Pinot Noir
Active dry yeast isolated in Spain. Strain Saccharomyces Cerevisiae.
- Short lag phase;
- Slow fermentation kinetics;
- Complete exhaustion of sugars;
- Alcohol tolerance 17%;
- Fermentation temperature 57 – 90°f (14 to 32°c);
- Sugar/alcohol yield: 16.5 g/l;
- Resistance to so₂;
- Low va producer;
- High nitrogen requirements (addition of approximately 20 g/hl of Predferm Optimo is recommended).
Penedes extracts and protects the color and structure during the maturation in barrels. It contributes to the development of red fruits aromas and smoky and spicy notes. It produces very low va. It is a very low so₂ and h₂s producer. Penedes is ideal for Pinot Noir and it is also suitable for Gamay and Syrah.
20 – 30 g/hl
Keep in a dry and cool place.